Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Great Things Happening!

May 13, 2008


Things have been going well with this project. I sent another box (#6) yesterday, and last night we had a "packing party" with Jami and my mom, Lynn. We got 7 more boxes packed and labeled. I will be sending those boxes over the next few weeks.
Box #6 Shipped May 12, 2008
Cost to Ship - $49.95
Contents:
65 pairs of baby socks
8 winter hats
5 pairs of shoes
5 onesies
4 pairs of training underwear
2 pairs of tights
2 blankets

A mom from our local MOMS Club donated a large box of cloth diapers, which are so useful in Lesotho. We have been dividing them up and adding a pile of them to each box. I have been told that the orphanages and also people in the mountain villages use mostly cloth diapers, so I know that they are very needed. Thank you!


We also received a large clothing donation from Jami Brandenburger, and most of those items are packed and ready to ship. Overall we have 7 more boxes to ship, bringing our total to 13!



No comments: